Yamaha MOXF8 88 Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
Yamaha MOXF8: Where Vintage meets Modern
The Yamaha MOXF8 88-Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard is a veritable sonic arsenal. The latest in the MOX series, the MOXF8 packs all the studio-quality excellence of the long-revered Yamaha MOTIF, along with some inspiring upgrades that make it the ultimate in performance keyboards.
Designed with the MOTIF XF sound engine—741 MB of waveform—and an eighty-eight-key graded hammer action keyboard, the MOXF8 has the most realistic response of any synthesizer on the market today. Yamaha MOXF8 reviews are pouring in that it has the feel of an authentic acoustic piano, with a range from heavy bass to light treble.
The MOXF8 gets its remarkable acoustic sounds from painstakingly detailed digital recreations of two Yamaha grand pianos. And with its all-new content, 136 new voices including clavinets, organs, the superb S6 grand piano, and diverse genres like orchestral and hip-hop, you’ll have all the styles you need for live performance or studio production and never run out of sounds again.
Here are just a handful of features you can expect from the Yamaha MOXF8 88-Key Workstation Keyboard:
- Amazing responsiveness from an 88-key Graded Hammer Action keyboard
- A dizzying sound-set with the MOTIF XF sound engine, including pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, drums, and an array of vintage and modern synth sounds
- Vocoder capability to apply effects to your voice or create harmonies by connecting a mic to the A/D input
- An optional Flash board that allows you add up to 1 GB of new samples
- Real-time recording and step recording with the built-in sequencer
- Optional software for full integration with a number of plug-ins and tools
- Built-in 4-in 2-out USB audio interface to record its internal sounds
- Two dedicated audio inputs to capture guitars and vocals directly to your computer
- Half the weight of comparable MOTIF models
Yamaha is improving synth sound in the MOXF series with VCM (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) effects, a proprietary technology that simulates the effects of vintage EQs, phasers, and compressors by digitally modeling sonic textures. Simply put, the quality of every instrument in the MOXF8 is improved, lending to the most realistic and expertly crafted sounds.
The Yamaha MOXF8’s optional Flash board gives you up to an additional gigabyte of samples to shape your music exactly the way you want. And aftermarket content like Yamaha’s CP1 Piano and Inspiration In A Flash make sure that every creative possibility is at your fingertips.
Your Music, Your Way
You want to layer multiple voice tracks together? The Yamaha MOXF8’s performance mode lets you combine up to four voices on one Midi channel. You want options? MOXF8 gives you 256 preset performances in a variety of music genres, from rock to jazz to hip-hop and more.
The built-in sequencer allows you to produce top-quality tracks without being tethered to a computer. Give your inspiration a shape with real-time recording as you play, or step recording for precision in particular passages.
If you do plug into a computer you’ll get even more options with the MOXF Editor, which lets you create templates for your VST instruments of choice. Just one USB cable allows you to exchange audio and MIDI between your computer and the MOXF8. You can record sounds straight from the MOXF or any instrument connected to the stereo analog inputs and import it right to your favorite recording software.
Easy integration with Cubase AI 7, DAW software made just for Yamaha music production synthesizers, allows you to capture up to forty-eight MIDI tracks and thirty-two audio tracks. And with the Yamaha MOXF8’s remote mode, you can control DAW software with panel buttons to open applications, incorporate instrument tracks and pick your favorite VST instruments.
The Yamaha MOXF8 is much more than just a synthesizer or even a music production tool. With a full range of intense capability and exciting new functions, the MOXF8 stands to become the synth tool of choice for both live performance and studio recording.
- Keyboard: 88 keys, GHS keyboard (Initial Touch)
- Tone Generator: AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal), A/D input part
- Wave: 741MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 3,977 waveforms
- Voices: Preset: 1,152 Normal Voices + 72 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 384 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits
- Performance: User: 256 (up to 4 parts)
- Filter: 18 types
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 54 types x 8 parts, Vocoder x 1 (uses both Insertion Effect A and B blocks), Master Effect x 9 types, Master EQ (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)
- Note Capacity: Approx. 226,000 notes
- Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Maximum Polyphony: 124 notes
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Song recording type: Real time replace, Real time overdub (with the exception of the Pattern Chain), Real time punch in/out (Song only), Step (with the exception of the Pattern Chain)
- Song tracks: Song: 16 sequence Tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each Track), Tempo Track, Scene Track, Pattern: 16 Phrase Tracks , Pattern Chain: Pattern Track, Tempo Track, Scene Track
- Songs: 64 Songs, Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices) , Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
- Patterns: 64 Patterns (x 16 sections), Measures: 256 maximum
- Phrases: User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
- Arpeggio: Preset: 7,981 types, User: 256 types (MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set. 4 Arpeggio parts can be played simultaneously.)
- Scene Memory: 6 per Song
- Sequence formats: Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
- Master: User:128 (Each master includes Master keyboard settings with 4 Zones, Assignable Knob settings, Program Change table.)
- Controllers: Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Assignable Knob x 8, [DATA] dial x 1, Assignable Function buttons x 2
- Display: 240 x 64 dot, backlit LCD
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (standard phone jack), A/D INPUT [L]/[R] (standard phone jack), [PHONES] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE], DC IN
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), USB cable, Owner’s Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM x 1 (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List), CUBASE AI DOWNLOAD INFORMATION
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 52 x 6.6 x 16 inches
- Weight: 14.9 kg
Yamaha MOXF8 88 Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
- Brands Yamaha
- Product Code: Yamaha MOXF8 88 Key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
- Availability: In Stock