Aputure Light Storm LS C120d II Daylight LED Light Kit, Includes Controller Box with V-Mount Battery Plate
The Aputure LS C120D II is a complete re-design of the original C120D, 25% brighter. The 120d Mark II now draws 140w of power (20w more than the original 120d) but the big increase in output, from what was already a punchy fixture, is great news. Also a major refinement is the ability to now make <10% fine adjustments to the dimmer. Talking of which, Aputure have now integrated the controller and ballast in to one unit, making a much neater setup. The new unified controller also features Neutirx locking ports for the included 6m, colour-coded, cables as well as the V-lock battery mount on the back and integrated wireless control. Finally, in response to user and rental houses requirements, the general sturdiness of the yoke on the 120d Mark II has been improved, meaning the mount and threads will stand up to heavier use, and the lock has been changed for a handbrake style lever, giving more rigidity. The new yoke can also now be underslung, giving users more options for locating and mounting the fixture.
Aputure 120DII HighLights
- 30,000 lux @ 0.5m and incredible 135,000 lux @ 0.5m with Aputure Fresnel mount
- Accurate colour rendition for filmmaking, with CRI rated 96+ and TLCI rated 97+
- Supports DMX Lighting Function, Take your filmmaking to a whole new level
- 5500k colour temp matches the sun and blend seamlessly as white light for natural look
- Inbuilt electrical fan runs amazingly quiet at only 18dB
- Popular industry Bowen-S mount for fast mount wide range of accessories
- Tough lightweight aircraft grade aluminum body for easy carry-around (2.2KG)
- Wireless remote brightness adjusts @ max. 100m away with 2.4G FSK technology
- Separated light control design creates well-balanced center of gravity, eliminates use
- Efficient handgrip design allows one-hand operation while adjusting light direction
- New 0%-100% stepless brightness / dim control allows greater control and sensitivity
- Re-designed power adapter now inbuilt with controller, less connections, less hassles
- Re-designed NEUTRIK connector for better and safer connectivity
- Re-designed U-Frame construction allow 330 degrees rotation for full mounting flexibility
- 6 meters power cable length for larger and wider production light setup
The Aputure LS C120D II is a complete re-design of the original C120D. We've taken all of your favorite features of the C120D and have jam packed it with upgrades, improvements and new features.
The C120D II boasts an incredible luminance of 135,000 lux at 0.5 meters away with the Aputure Fresnel (optional). With an approximate brightness equivalent to a 1,000-watt tungsten light, the C120D II is nearly 25% brighter than the 1st generation C120D, making it competitive with some of the highest-grade studio lights on the market.
Quantity of light is important, but quality is even more important. The C120D II has gone through intense color quality testing, using not only CRI ratings, but the industry standard Television Lighting Consistency Index (TLCI). In both tests, the C120D II scores CRI over 96 and TLCI over 97, guaranteeing you are receiving the highest color quality possible.
DMX is the worldwide industry standard for film & television studios, theatre, broadcast and all forms of digital networking systems. The C120D II comes with DMX capability, allowing studio creatives to maximize their range of uses for their lighting arsenal.
The original C120D was revolutionary for its compact size and high build quality. The C120D II now takes this a step further with a new round of upgrades.
The most notable of these upgrades is its power unit - the C120D II is now powered by a single, all-in-one power box. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum but maintaining its lightweight build, a single power unit means less cabling and power components so filmmakers spend less time setting up their light and more time being creative.
Color coded Neutrik cable systems allow for more flexibility in where your light can be placed and advanced locking systems ensure maximum safety, no matter your set's challenges and environment.
A re-designed yoke construction accommodates an expanded range of motion with over 330 degrees, letting you angle and point your light anywhere needed. An improved user-friendly handgrip design also allows for highly intuitive controls.
While the C120D II boasts an impressive studio grade build quality, it still weighs in at just over 2.2kg (4.85 lbs) allowing filmmakers to easily take this light anywhere without having to worry about the transportation issues that frequently come with larger tungsten fixtures.
The C120D II has taken the precision controls of the C120D and expands upon them even further, allowing for dimming seamlessly from 100% all the down to 1%, meaning the C120D II is capable of being both the brightest and dimmest light on your set.
While the original C120D came in at 6000K, the C120D II has a perfect 5500K daylight, allowing it to perfectly blend with other daylight-balanced lights in the Aputure ecosystem.
While all of these incredible upgrades are worthy of note, the C120D II still has many of the same features as the 1st Generation C120D, including the universal Bowens mount, ultra-silent temperature control system, wireless remote and the same crowd-favorite carrying bag.
What's in the box:
Aputure Light Storm C120d II Light Head
(Fresnel Not Included)
Universal Bowens Mount
Controller Box with V-Mount Battery Plate
2x Buckle Strap
2x Hook & Loop Fastener Strap
Carrying Bag Manual
1 Year Warranty
Aputure Light Storm LS C120d II Daylight LED Light Kit
- Product Code: Aputure Light Storm LS C120d II
- Availability: In Stock